Tuesday, June 2, 2015

His Gaze






It was the first time that I heard His voice
Above the gentle whisper of the sea.
I felt inside that He had made His choice,
And that somehow, He had included me.
As I looked upon the open book that was His face,
I read there every comfort from above.
His compassion looked beyond all my disgrace,
And saw someone He could build a kingdom on.
His gaze was kindness, but His stare was stone.
Could break your heart, or somehow make you whole.
Cause when He looked at you, you felt you were completely known.
Because, you see, He saw you with His soul.

Our eyes met once across a barren place.
Where I denied I even knew His name.
What broke my heart was not the look upon His face, 
But knowing that He loved me still the same.
It is the very way He looks upon us all.
This moment seeing all that we might be.
No hint of condemnation can be seen within His eyes.
For He has been condemned for you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment